At Auto Extract Systems, we’re frequently asked what are the benefits of servicing your LEV system? In this article, we’ve put together the top five benefits of servicing your local exhaust ventilation systems and why these can have a positive impact on your business’s operations.
Benefits of Servicing Your LEV System
- By regularly servicing your LEV systems, you’ll help identify issues and prevent breakdowns before they happen. The last thing any business needs would be LEV systems breaking down during production. If employees are unable to work safely with hazardous substances, it could result in a loss of productivity and expensive downtime.
- LEV extraction units will be more likely to pass their mandatory LEV testing. A LEV system that’s been properly maintained is much more likely to be “In an efficient state, in efficient working order, in good repair and in a clean condition,” as recommended in Regulation 9 of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations (2002). LEV examinations and tests are a legal requirement and are required to be completed once in a 14 month period.
- The LEV systems would be less likely to deteriorate with wear and tear when used on a daily basis. By maintaining LEV equipment with a comprehensive Service Level Agreement package, they’d be less likely to require remedial works that could prove to be a costly business expense.
- Servicing will help to identify whether ductwork is being blocked, or if filters are becoming blinded and nearing the end of their lifespan. Either of these factors would contribute towards your extraction equipment operating less efficiently, and subsequently, less adequately controlling airborne contaminants.
- With a LEV Installations, we always recommend a tailored Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure that your new systems maintained as per their design specification. We do also offer LEV testing and servicing on existing LEV systems, get in touch with us today for a FREE no-obligation quotation. Our SLAs can save you time and money.
- Healthier and happier employees. In HSE’s most recent statistics, Health and Safety at Work: Summary Statistics for Great Britain 2020, it was reported that:
- 1.6 million workers suffering from work-related ill-health (new or long-standing) in 2019/20
- 638,000 workers suffering from a new case of work-related ill health in 2019/20
- 32.5 million working days lost due to work-related ill health in 2019/20
- 13,000 deaths each year estimated to be linked to past exposure at work, primarily to chemicals or dust
What is a LEV Service?
A LEV Service involves a number of different elements, as it’s rare that two LEV systems are identical. However, LEV systems will be constructed of similar elements and components.
The most relatable analogy that’s most comparable is a car’s service and MOT. An MOT is equivalent to an LEV system’s test. Whereas, a LEV service will help maintain the car’s primary function, whilst identifying any key faults before progressing to more serious issues. LEV maintenance is subject to usages but will help to identify problems before equipment failures begin. LEV extraction systems are prone to wear and tear with daily use and with regular checks, ensures the systems controlling contaminants.
Why Choose Auto Extract Systems?
Auto Extract Systems is the UK’s leading LEV company. Over the last 20 years, we’ve helped thousands of businesses create dust and fume free workplaces. We have been helping businesses maintain LEV systems and provide pollution-free workplaces with comprehensive maintenance services.
Our team of P601 qualified LEV system design engineers have the know-how and the ability to comprehensive service and test your businesses’ LEV systems to help your business meet HSE’s HSG258 guidance.
As experts in all things LEV, we can help your business become COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) Regulation 2002 compliant with a tailored LEV solution. We provide comprehensive design, installation, maintenance and certification services across a range of industry sectors. Find out more about us here.