Equal Opportunity Policy
Auto Extract Systems Limited will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive consideration appropriate to their needs. The Company is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, sex reassignment, disability, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexual orientation, marital status, responsibility for dependents, religion or belief, trade union activity and age.
It is the intention of the composition of the Company’s workforce, should reflect the diversity of the local population and the wider society.
To ensure that the Policy is translated into reality the Company will take active steps to eliminate discrimination and harassment, to reduce the effects of past discrimination and to promote equality in employment. This will be achieved by:
- Ensuring all employees are aware of the existence of the Policy and any Codes of Practice produced under this policy.
- Providing the necessary encouragement, guidance and training to all employees to implement the policy.
- Ensuring all existing and potential employees are aware of their rights and responsibilities under the law.
- Ensuring that mechanisms exist for the continuous monitoring of the effectiveness of this policy.
- Working with local organisations on joint monitoring of Equal Opportunities in Employment procedures and practices.
- Developing good employment and personnel practices in pursuit of the Policy, including areas such as recruitment selection and progression, training, and development, terms and conditions of employment, disciplinary, harassment and grievance procedures.
- Ensuring that the Equal Opportunities in Employment Policy are implemented at all levels and in all locations within Auto extract systems
- Ensuring that Contracts of Employment require employees to comply with the Company’s Policy on Equal Opportunities in Employment, and that failure to comply will be a disciplinary matter which could involve dismissal.
Policies need regular review to ensure their continuing relevance and effectiveness.
Equal Opportunities in Employment Policy is no exception and the Company will keep both the policy and any Codes of Practice produced under the Policy under continuous review.
The Managing Director will assume the responsibility for ensuring the Policy is kept under review.
Last reviewed: July 2020. Next review date: July 2022.